Difference Between the Forms 4506, 4506-T and 4506T-EZ
As you know, we have covered form 4506-T extensively in our previous blogs. Since some of you asked, we would like to clarify difference between the forms 4506, 4506-T and 4506t-EZ.
- This form is used to obtain a full copy of your income tax return.
- Includes complete data for all the fields that were reported on your tax returns.
- Used if you require your tax returns from four years ago or even later.
- The IRS charges $57.00/ request for information 4 years and older.
- The “T” in 4506-T stands for ‘transcript’ and is used to obtain specific information like:
- Transcripts of your tax return.
- Information for your tax account.
- Wage and income information
- A record of your tax payments.
- Includes only a line-by-line printout of the information that was on your return.
- Used to obtain records up to three years old.
- Form 4506-T requests are free.
- Can be used to request a “verification of non-filing.” to obtain a statement from the IRS saying that you did not file a return for a given year.
- Can be used to request transcripts of information of forms W-2, 1098, 1099 and 5498. A separate 4506-T must be filled for each request.
- This form is used to request a tax return transcript that includes most lines of the original tax return. Used only for requesting a transcript of the 1040-series individual tax return.
- It does not include payments, penalty assessments, or adjustments made to the original filing.
- Form 4506T-EZ requests are free.